Photobucket

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Journey, New Life :)

For the last week I have had every emotion in my soul. Excitement, nervousness, love, sadness, happiness, anxiety, you name it- I had it. Last night I spent my new years with Jake and a few other good friends. The whole time I was laughing, smiling, and looking forward for today- moving out. When I got home I realized how nervous I am to start the next journey of my life. And I was sad knowing I won’t see my family every day. The interesting part is, although I’m moving out, it’s only for 5 months! And it’s not like I can’t go home! For the longest time I have wanted to move out and do my own thing but now that the time’s come I’m freaking out and scared more than anything!
This morning mom and I left and the weather was horrible. Snowing like crazy!! It was the longest drive of my life. On the way there I finally got the chance to show mom Owl City. She knows he’s my favorite artist and how inspirational he is. She liked him a lot :]]
Anyway, I am in Boise. As of January 19, 2010 I will be going to Boise State University and will be doing the Pre-Vet program. After I get my Bachelor’s I will go to Washington State University and become a veterinarian. I have this amazing idea to help animals (couldn’t have thought of it without mom and TOMS). I’m so excited to see it come into affect in my future. I love animals. I always have and always will.
Speaking of animals- I brought my dog, Sophie, with me. She will be with me through all of this. I’m so happy I can have her to help me with this transition. It’s like taking a piece of home with you everywhere you go. I took her with me to my senior project presentation and she helped me get an A on it! :D [For those who don’t know, at Hillcrest you have to pass your senior project/10 page paper to graduate!] While driving we got bored, so we took some pictures- see them below :] I plan to do a lot of things with her and update those activities.
I’m also excited to be in this city. There’s so much going on and it’s warmer and just beautiful. I can’t wait to take my Nikon out and shoot some new pictures! We can’t forget all the shows (concerts) there are! I already have one I am dying to go to: SafetySuit. They’re a great band, look them up if you want something new to listen to!
Time for bed. It’s been a long day. I’m drained physically and emotionally. Thank You God for all the wonderful things that are given to me everyday of my life and the incredible family you’ve blessed me with. I really can’t thank you enough.

“Home will always be here, unseen, out of sight. Where I disappear and hide. I’m daydreaming things as I’m waving goodbye, so I’ll spread out my wings and fly.”
-OwlCity





"We'll fill the metro skies with country air.."

Making funny faces :]]

TLC.

More funny faces!




1 comment:

  1. So fun! I remember being at that transition in my own life. It can be very scary but totally worth it. You learn a ton! Good luck in school!

    ReplyDelete