Photobucket

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

College... and bums.

     Today was my officially first day of college! Although I only had one class... it still counts as my first day. I know you're wondering, "What's the class Sid?!"... Math 108. Simple college algebra but hey, I've always been intimidated by math so I'm a little nervous to see what's in store. My teacher is a male. Not only is he a male, but a very sarcastic one at that. He told us stories of how he's made people cry. haha. I find this interesting because the last two math teachers I had were both sarcastic males. What's up with guys becoming math teachers and deciding to be extremely sarcastic and rude? Does it just make their job more fun for them? Well it's a good thing I'm better prepared for this because I have a feeling it could turn into an amusing adventure. 
     After class I went home to pick up Sophie then we headed over to WalMart to buy a printer. You know those people that stand on the corner with those signs... "Retired Vet. No job, anything is appreciated." "Taking care of sick Grandma, unemployed, God Bless." It's a crock of crap. Who do they think they are to beg for money from the rest of the world? I dont care if they're homeless or not. If you're homeless, go to your local shelter for all your needs :] Or, how about you go find a job. Seems like the people you take money from don't have a problem finding one. You don't see me standing on the corner of WalMart holding a sign that says, "Going to college. Want to become a veterinarian and make a difference in the world (at least part of it). I have a dog I need to feed. God Bless." 
     Okay... I'll admit I sound pretty harsh right now. And I dont mean to imply that I believe all the homeless people should get over themselves. I believe in charity and doing things for others and helping out other people. It just annoys me to see those people on those corners everyday when there's better places they can get the things they really need. 




"The ocean's getting warmer, and California's on her mind..."
-Augustana

No comments:

Post a Comment